Pine Valley Township


Clark County, WI



United Methodist Church of Neillsville, Clark County, WI

Neillsville Churches

A Historical Collection (featured in  The Clark Co. Press "The Good Old Days").

Assembly of God--History; Dedication (1964); Name Change

Bible Baptist--Index

Catholic Church, St. Mary's--100 yr. Souvenir Plate and Reverse side; 150th Commemorative Booklet


Evangelical Free, Living Hope-photo; Community Project

Evangelical Lutheran, St. John's--Index; 1886-1936; Golden Jubilee; Confirmation; Confirmation 1900; Biebert 25yrs Ministry; St. John's Church Bef. 1936

Jehovah's Witnesses

Lutheran ELCA, Calvary--New Addition (2005); New Piano, Grand Celebration, Pastor Gordon Retires; New Pastor ready to serve in Neillsville

Norwegian Lutheran--Index

Peaceful Pines--Index


St. Mary's Catholic Church--Index; Mission Award; Rev. Pace Moving on, Rev. Joseph Right at Home

Seventh Day Adventist-Photo

United Church of Christ (Formerly Congregational/Evangelical & Reformed); History & Photo; Pastor Mohr Retires; Olson helps congregation build community at UCC

United Methodist--1889-1891 Membership Rolls & Photos; Pastors 1858-1930; Rev. J. McClane quits 6-17-1877; 1955 Confirmation Class; Celebrates 150 Years; Photo

Ukranian Orthodox - History

Unitarian Universalist--Rev. T. Grafton Owen (3 June 1892); Thanksgiving Day Dinner (1897);

Winnebago Indian Mission--Home & School; History & Photos; John Stacy; The Neillsville Indian School: A View of the past; Hidden in Plain Sight

Zion Evangelical and Reformed--50th Anniversary


The church building, on the southeast corner of Clay and West Fifth Street, has been home to various denominations through the years.  The lot was purchased from Sol Jaseph in September 1891.  The following year, a new church building was constructed, being dedicated in February 1893, with James O'Neill being one of the speakers.  The Unitarian Church occupied the worship center until November 1913 when it sold the building to the Zion Reformed congregation, moving to Neillsville from their southern Pine Valley church location in section 32.  The Zion Evangelical Reformed congregation merged with the Congregational Church in 1958, then built a new worship center, becoming the United Church of Christ, located at the the corner of West Second and Park Street.  The Assembly of God Congregation occupied the building for a few years and later the Seventh Day Adventists who are presently  in the facility (2004).

Pine Valley Township

Prince of Peace Presbyterian--History

Zion Lutheran; Centennial-1902-2002







© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel