Bio: Nelson, Albert & Irene / Henry & Anna
Surnames: NELSON HANSON THOMPSON
----Source: ABBOTSFORD, WIS. CENTENNIAL BOOK - 1973
Nelson, Henry & Anna / Albert & Irene
The Albert Nelson family consisted of three-forty acres section running north and south and located across the road from the west village limits of Abbotsford, Wis. It was railroad grant land purchased by Nels Nelson during the year 1877.
Remembered as the stone mason who rode to and from his work on a bicycle and who laid the cornerstone at the armory, Nels later traded the land to his brother, Henry, for a wagon and a team of horses.
Henry Nelson spent a year in Minnesota, where he met and married Anna Hanson. They came back to their land in the area and started clearing off the solid, heavy timer and built a house of logs.
He made railroad ties and cut wood into four foot lengths and piled it along the railroad track, for using in firing the wood burning engines. Later the north forty, known as the Chris Bremer farm, was sold.
Besides twins, who died shortly after birth, they had six children.
One son, Albert, who married Irene Thompson, purchased the farm from his father in 1920. He lost his right hand while hunting when he was 16 years old, but still operated the farm for 33 years. He played violin in an orchestra and he played several brass instruments with the city band. He was town treasurer for ten years.
Mr. and Mrs. Albert Nelson had two children, Dorothy and Clarence (Bud), who married Mary Thompson. On March 24, 1953, Bud purchased the Nelson farm from his father. The farm is still in the Nelson family.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs