THE MANTOR FAMILY
Myron and Nora Mantor moved from Oshkosh to the town of Hull, five miles east of Abbotsford in 1903. Mr. Mantor and his partner, Ed Lozier, moved their personal property including two cows, by horse and wagon; the women and children traveled by train. The first year while their houses were being constructed, they lived in log cabin located on the neighboring Pete Goelden farm. Upon completing their homes, the two families established a saw mill on the place just east of the Mantor property which Ed Lozier had purchased. Later Mr. Mantor sold his interest in the mill to Ed Notbohm, a prominent Abbotsford resident. In 1909, Mr. Lozier sold his property to George Cendt and the mill was abandoned. Mr. Lozier moved to Idaho where he continued his mill operations. Mr. Mantor operated the farm until his death in 1932. Mrs. Mantor helped Morris operate the farm until his marriage to Marion Wellman in 1940, she then moved to Milwaukee working as a companion to the elderly until 1956, then making her home with her daughter, Bernice (Mrs. Kreger) until her death in 1966.
(Abbotsford Centennial Booklet "100 Years"; 1973, pg. 52)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs