Church: Owen –
Alliance 25th Anniversary (1978)
Surnames: Smith, Landaw
----Source: Owen Enterprise (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 28 Jun 1978
Sunday, August 6, 1978, the Owen Christian and Missionary Alliance Church will hold special services and an Open House in Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the dedication of the present church sanctuary.
The present sanctuary was dedicated on August 9, 1953, in special services with former pastors in attendance. Ground breaking ceremonies for the building were held in in April of 1951. The Rev. G. B. Smith of St. Paul, the pastor under whose direction the Alliance Church was organized in Owen, was the guest speaker at the Sunday morning worship service. Under his leadership a group of 21 members gathered on November 3, 1935, with the Supt. of the Northwester District of the Christian and Missionary Alliance, to form the Owen Branch.
Since those early days, the Owen Alliance Church has grown and the sanctuary dedicated in 1953 has under gone change, the most recent and most extensive last year. The Open House to view these changes, in a beautiful remodeled and redecorated sanctuary will conclude with the 25th Anniversary.
The church is now under the leadership of Pastor Harry Landaw, who was installed January 9, 1977.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs