News: Thorp – UW,
River Falls Honor Students (1974)
Surnames: Horn, Ross, Maslowski, Nied, Niedzwiecki, Zukowski, Slipek
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 23 May 1974
Undergraduate students at the University of Wisconsin, River Falls who have achieved high scholastic records were recognized at an Honors Day program on Tuesday, May 14, 1974.
- Candace Horn, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Glenn Horn, 203 W. Hill, Thorp, was awarded the Music Faculty Scholarship and the Harry D. and Hazel M. Ross Scholarship.
- Jeanie Maslowski, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Maslowski, route 3, Thorp, was awarded Sophomore Honors.
- John Nied, son of Mr. and Mrs. Phil Nied, route 3, Thorp, was awarded Sophomore Honors and the River Falls Medical Clinic Scholarship.
- Diane M. Niedzwiecki, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Jake Niedzwiecki, route 2, Thorp, was awarded Freshman Honors.
- Robert Zukowski, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert Zukowski, route 1, Thorp, was awarded Freshman Honors.
- Chester A. Slipek, son of Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Slipek, route 1, Thorp, was the recipient of the John May Memorial Scholarship.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs