BioA: Henseler, Mr.
and Mrs. Joseph (60th - 1977)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Henseler, Lauer, Tasse, Bella, Varsho
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 9/08/1977
Henseler, Mr. and Mrs. Joseph (60th - 1977)
Henseler family observes two anniversaries Sunday at St. Mary’s
The children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Henseler of Marshfield gathered Sunday, September 4, at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Neillsville in observance of their 60th wedding anniversary. The gathering also marked the 25th anniversary of the ordination of the Henseler’s son, Fr. Joseph Henseler, pastor of St. Mary’s at the Pontifical, College Josephinum on June 7, 1952.
Fr. Henseler came to St. Mary’s from Immaculate Conception parish, Alma Center, in June of 1974. Since his ordination, he has also been associated with St. Stanislaus parish, Stevens Point; St. Mary’s and St. James’ parishes, Wausau; St. Lawrence parish, Wisconsin Rapids; and St. Theresa’s parish, Schofield.
Joseph Henseler, a native of Bakerville, and the former Magdalena Lauer were married October 16, 1917, at Corpus Christi Church, Bakersville, and made their home in that community for many years. Mr. Henseler started cheese making in 1917 after having attended the University of Wisconsin College of Agriculture in 1907. The couple worked together in the factory from 1917 to 1942 when they closed the factory. The Henseler’s built a home in Marshfield in 1945; he worked at Armour’s Cheese Federation and at the Weinbrenner Shoe Co. from 1947-1957 when he retired.
Joseph and Magdalena Henseler are parents of five children, Mrs. Lorraine Tasse of Marshfield, mrs. Dolores Bella of Berlin, Mrs. Adelaide Varsho of Marshfield, Edward Henseler of Coleman and Fr. Joseph Henseler of Neillsville. There are 20 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
The dual observance was commemorated with a 2 p.m. religious service at St. Mary’s Catholic Church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs