Bio: Howe, Albert – House Fire (Oct 1909)


Surnames: Howe, Sparkes

----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 28 Oct 1909

At about nine o’clock Wednesday morning Albert Howe’s house was discovered to be on fire, and before assistance could reach the place the whole upper part of the house in in flames. Nearly all of their belongings on the first floor were saved, but all the rooms above were destroyed. The fire started in the chamber near the chimney, and as the house was not plastered, it burned rapidly. The outside of the building was covered with building paper, preparatory to siding. The building was entirely consumed, and only through favorable wind and the efforts of the citizens was H. A. Sparkes home saved. The loss is a severe one for Mr. Howe, and coming just at the beginning of winter makes it doubly so. It is partially covered by insurance.

Both Mr. Howe and Mr. Sparkes wish to publicly express their gratitude to all who assisted in saving their property. (Unity Register)



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel