Business: Wepfer Pharmacy
Surnames: Wepfer, Sniteman
----Source: Family Scrapbook
Emil Wepfer, a native of Neillsville, opened a drug store in Loyal in 1923. He purchased the building owned by Hiram Jackson and located in the Allen block on Loyal’s main street.
Previous to this time he had completed his education in Philadelphia and spent three years working as a pharmacist for C. C. Sniteman, Neillsville.
In July of 1931 following the disastrous fire in the Allen block Wepfer opened a store at the present location, then as now billed as the NEW Wepfer Pharmacy.
The store remains in the Wepfer family with Tom taking over the business in 1964. While the sale of horse liniment continues to decline the prodigious member of dairy cows in the area requires a substantial inventory of drugs for the tr6aiment of various bovine diseases which plague the modern dairyman.
The Wepfers report that potent medicines still play an important part in the treatment of common ailments. Although people have, through modern research, made these remedies much more effective, the tedious tasks of measuring and sifting minute qualities of various drugs endured by the early druggist has been changed by the application of modern methods to the formulation and manufacture of these products.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs