BioA: Garbisch, Mr./Mrs. Edward
(Golden - 1983)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Garbisch, Gluch, Predel, Retta, Schroeder, Laesch, Wenker
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 6/15/1983
Garbisch, Mr./Mrs. Edward (Golden – 28 May 1983)
The 50th wedding anniversary of Edward and Emma Garbisch was celebrated on Sunday, June 5, at the Sportsmen’s Club in Granton. The day’s events began with a church service at Zion Lutheran with the Rev. Kevin Wenker officiating.
Special music for the celebration was presented by Cheryl Garbisch, a granddaughter; and Pat Garbisch, a daughter-in-law.
Edward Garbisch and Emma Retta were married on May 28, 1933, at Zion Lutheran by the Rev. Arthur Laesch. The vows were witnessed by Marion and Gertrude Schroeder, now of Racine and who did attend the golden gala.
The Garbisch union produced three sons, Wallace and Orville of Granton and Gary of Milwaukee. They are joined by seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Edward was born on September 20, 1905 in the Town of Grant to Henry and Christina (Gluch) Garbisch. He attended Wild Rose and Zion Lutheran Schools and then began farming, which he did until retiring. His hobbies include bicycle repairing and small mechanics.
Emma was born February 20, 1911, in the Town of York to Carl and Anna (Predel) Retta. She attended Romadka Grade School and Zion Lutheran School and is a 1930 graduate of Granton High School. She enjoys the piano, crossword puzzles and caring for houseplants. She is a past member of Grant Busy Bee Homemakers.
Both have been active in the Zion congregation. Edward served on the parochial school board for three years and on the church council for six years. She served as a church organist, Sunday school teacher and choir member.
The couple made their home in the Town of Grant, 2 1/2 miles west of Granton, until 1972 when they built a new home in the village.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs