Business: Cloverleaf Co-op
Cheese & Butter Co.
Surnames: Ozanich, Parkel, Podobnik, Meinholdt, Bremner, Peiper, Francel, Vivoda, McConnell, Schlinsog
----Source: Family Scrapbook
This factory was built in the early 1920's by the neighborhood farmers that lived in the near surrounding area. It was located one-half mile south and three miles east of Willard - on the corner of County Trunk O, N.E. corner and Cloverleaf road in the Town of Eaton.
When it first operated there were about twenty patrons. Joe Ozanich was president, Frank Parkel was secretary and Mike Podobnik was treasurer. Otto (Toad) Meinholdt was one of the first cheesemakers, with a salary of $100.00 per month. Other cheesemakers were, Louis Bremner, R.C. Peiper, Frank Francel, George Vivoda and Roy McConnell.
In the middle 1940's the .Coop was sold to Harry Schlinsog, who operated the factory for some years. Later it was operated by Grant, who made Swiss cheese for several years, after which cheese making was discon¬tinued at this factory. The building lay idle for many years and later was torn down. Clifford Rask now lives on that parcel of land.
Frank and Mary Parkel
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs