Surnames: Daughenbach, Kobal, Luzovec, Marn, Furlon, Lesnjak, Debevec, Zallar, Dechman, Kokaly, Aumann, Bergant, Korenchan, Arch, Barr
----Source: Family Scrapbook
The first carpenters in Willard probably were Henry and Sam Daughenbach. Joe Kobal was a carpenter and cabinet maker. Paul Marn was a carpenter and built the first hip roofed barn on his own farm which later became the Luzovec farm northwest of Willard.
Other men that were known for their skill with a broad axe and an adz were: Paul Marn, Anton Furlon, and Mike Lesnjak. Anton Debevec was a carpenter and helped build the Zallar store in 1912. Jacob Dechman (also cabinet maker) made many barns in this area with the help of Mike Lesnjak and Martin Kokaly.
John Auman lived two miles west of Willard. John Bergant lived in Gorman, Andrew Korenchan lived one half mile north of Willard; he was also a cabinet maker. Joe Arch lived where the Barr Minkery is now and he did carpentry work in that area. John Scharenbrock Sr. was a builder who lived about a mile north of Willard.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs