Bio: Tomsic, Joe
Surnames: Tomsic, Cesnik, Snedic
----Source: Family Scrapbook
Joe Tomsic came to Willard with Ignac Cesnik in 1908 from Joliet, Illinois. They had also been in Brazil together.
Joe bought the wooded land where the John Snedic Sr. farm is now. He built a little log cabin first Later he built a hewed log home which is still livable. Now it is covered with siding.
Joe was a Willard promoter in many ways. In 1914 he sold out to John Snedic Sr. and went back to Joliet. They had a son of school age who went blind. He was taken to the Marshfield hospital, and then transferred to a Milwaukee hospital to undergo surgery for a brain tumor. His classmates all wrote him letters which the Sister read to him because he could no longer see. He died on the operating table during surgery. He was buried in Milwaukee because it cost too much to bring him back home. This was in 1911.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs