Bio: Baldwin, Frank - Family
Surnames: Baldwin, McCune, Kuenkel, Quast, Koschak
----Source: Family Scrapbook
The Baldwin farm buildings are nearly all down to the ground. They were on the Rock Dam road, approximately 3 miles west of Highways G, on County Trunk CG, on the left or south side of the road. These building were built in 1922 by Mr. Frank Baldwin, who had purchased a lot of land in this vicinity. He sold land parcels to buyers in Decatur, Illinois, where he lived and worked as a conductor on the Illinois Central Railroad.
Sons Paul and Carlysle played ball in 1922 with the Willard Team. Paul hit a home run as far as the railroad track. Carlysle Baldwin and Mayme McCune were married in 1925. Paul Baldwin and wife moved to Willard. They lived in a small house beside the Hugo Quast store. Paul had a garage on the north side of the street. He also delivered mail on Rural route of Willard. He put runners on a Model T Ford in winter, because no road was plowed at that time. There was no road from Koschak’s corner to the Baldwin place at that time.
As told to Marie Kuenkel, by Mayme Baldwin
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs