Church: Abbotsford – Presbyterian – Old Church Demolished (1969)
Surnames: Decker, Melvin, Wing, Hughes, Nelson
----Source: Tribune/Phonograph (Abbotsford, Clark Co., Wis.) 20 Nov 1969
A landmark of the early days of Abbotsford (Clark Co., Wis.) is in the process of being razed. The old Presbyterian Church, located just east of Decker's Pharmacy, is being demolished by Francis Melvin Construction and plans are to make a parking lot there for the drug store. The lot is now owned by John B. Wing of Marshfield.
The land purchased for the site of the Frist Presbyterian church was acquired from Owen Hughes for the sum of $1.00, and the church was built in 1895. Isaac Nelson was the building superintendent and his wages were $2.00 a day.
In 1925 that church was torn down and completely rebuilt with tile and stucco exterior.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs