Church: Curtiss Norwegian Ev. Lutheran (50th Anniversary - 1935)
Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Anderson, Nordby, Odden
----Source: The Tribune-Phonograph (Abbotsford, WI) 7/25/2018
Originally published in the Abbotsford Tribune, July 25, 1935
Curtiss church will celebrate anniversary
The Curtiss Evangelical Lutheran congregation will celebrate its 50th anniversary of its founding next Sunday.
In 1881, a missionary pastor first began to come to hold services occasionally. He encouraged the group to establish a congregation in their own community.
On February 8, 1885, a small group of Norse settlers organized this congregation. Until that time, they had to go to Dorchester to attend church.
A church building was erected a few years later. A Ladies’ Aid Society and a young People’s Society were organized, which are active as auxiliary organizations within the congregation. The congregation belongs to the Norwegian Lutheran Church of America.
Among the speakers who will take part in the anniversary program are two former pastors, Rev. H. P. Nordby of Baldwin, Wis., and Rev. A. C. Odden of Deerfield, Wis. The pastor of the congregation at the present time is W. L. Anderson.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs