Obit: Jackson, Charles E. (1939 - 2017)
Transcriber: Robert Lipprandt
Surnames: Bauer, Clements, Jackson, Warner
----Source: WIGM/WKEB Obituaries (Medford, WI) 2/13/2017
Jackson, Charles E. (18 JUN 1939 - 10 FEB 2017)
Charles E. Jackson, 77, of Medford passed away at home on February 10, 2017. He was born on June 18, 1939 to Marvin and Ella Jackson.
He was a graduate of Medford public schools and went on to earn his Bachelor’s Degree from Michigan State. He taught math in the Edwardsburg School District in Michigan for 35 years until his retirement in 1998.
Upon his retirement he returned to Medford, where he was a board member of the People’s Choice Credit Union and worked for Wanke Builders in the summers.
In his spare time Charles was an avid wood carver, was a member of the West Wisconsin Wood Carver’s Guild, and loved to fish.
Charles is survived by his sister Marilyn Bauer of Beaver Dam, sister-in-law Legretha Jackson of Charleston, SC, and his long time companion Bonnie Warner of Gilman. He is further survived by 5 nieces and nephews, and many other family and friends.
In addition to his parents Charles is preceded in death by his brothers Marvin Jackson in 2004 and Robert Jackson in 2015, and one brother-in-law Roger Bauer.
A memorial service for Charles will be held at 11:00 A.M. on Saturday, February 18 at Hemer Funeral Home, Medford Chapel, with Pastor David Clements officiating. Burial of cremains will follow at Medford Evergreen Cemetery I.
Visitation will take place at the funeral home from 9:00 A.M. until the time of service at 11:00 A.M.
Memorial donation in Charles’ name may be made to The Salvation Army, or The Kuse Farm and Nature Preserve in Medford WI.
Hemer Funeral Service of Medford and Rib Lake has been entrusted with arrangements.
Online condolences can be left at www.hemerfuneralservice.com.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs