Bio: Johnson, Harry (High Voltage Accident – 1971)

Transcriber: : 

Surnames: Johnson

----Source: Tribune/Record/Gleaner (Loyal, Wis.) 17 Jun 1971

An employee of Clark Electric Cooperative of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.) was injured Monday afternoon while working at the Forest Mobile home sales lot on Spencer's south side.

Harry Johnson of Greenwood suffered burns to his hands and feet when he came in contact with a truck-mounted crane. The boom of the crane touched a high voltage wire at the same time Mr. Johnson went to the truck to get some tools. The jolt hurled him away from the truck, saving him from more serious injury, the operator of the truck saving him from More serious injury. The operator of the crane was not injured.

The electrical current through the truck burned the front tire, and the block of wood that was used to steady the rear of th truck.

The high charge of electricity also caused more problems. It followed the telephone wires to Dickman Home and Trailblazer, touching off the automatic fire alarm. This in turn led to the erratic sounding of the fire siren, momentarily confusing the Spencer Firemen arriving at the station to answer the call. (A call to a Spencer industrial plant connected to the automatic alarm results in a continuous blast from the siren." Shortly after, the ambulance was called to take Mr. Johnson to St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield. His condition was reported as good on Tuesday after undergoing several tests and being kept under observation.



© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.


Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.


Become a Clark County History Buff


Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.


Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel