BioM: Burkhardt, Beatrice (1947)
Surnames: Burkhardt, Sloniker, Benson, Scoviak, Taylor
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 30 Jan 1947
Burkhardt, Beatrice (18 JAN 1947)
On Saturday, Jan. 18, 1947 at the Wesley Methodist Church in Milwaukee, Miss Beatrice G. Burkhardt, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Burchardt of North 28th St., Milwaukee, became the bride of Grant Sloniker of East Kenilworth Place, Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Earl Sloniker of Greenwood. The Rev. Walter Taylor performed the ceremony at 7:00 p.m. The bride was given in marriage by her father.
The church altar was decorated with bouquets of white mums for the candlelight service, during which Miss Taylor sang “Because” and “The Lord’s Prayer.”
The bridal attire included a white chiffon gown with silver braid on bodice and sleeves and a headpiece of white rose buds, from which was suspended a fingertip veil with lace edging. The bride’s shower bouquet included white roses, baby mums and gladioli.
The bride was attended by Mrs. Leonard E. Benson, sister of the groom, as maid of honor, who wore a gown with a blue net skirt with black bodice, with a headpiece of blue net, and carried a bouquet of pink carnations, red roses and pink gladiolas.
Miss Corrine Sloniker, sister of the groom, as bridesmaid, wore a pink net skirt with a black velvet bodice and headpiece of pink net, and carried a bouquet of blue carnations, red roses and pink gladiolas.
The mothers of the bride and groom wore black dresses with corsages of white mums and red roses.
The groom was attended by his brother-in-law, Leonard E. Benson, and Clarence Scoviak, Beloit, Wis., cousin of the bride.
A reception and dance were held at the White Rose Hall in Milwaukee. At midnight lunch was served, after which Mrs. and Mrs. Sloniker left for....(the rest of my copy was missing)
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs