BioA: Hiller, Mr./Mrs. Otto C. (Gold – 1967)
Surnames: Hiller, Wegner, Bauer, Oldroyd, Vanderhyden
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 24 Aug 1967
Hiller, Mr./Mrs. Otto C. (Gold – 29 SEP 1967)
Mr. and Mrs. Otto C. Hiller, 505 North Street, Plymouth, Wis., observed their golden wedding anniversary on Aug. 13, 1967, with a dinner and buffet supper at St. John's Lutheran Parish Hall of that city. Mr. and Mrs. Hiller are former residents of Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.).
Among those present for the occasion were Mr. and Mrs. Harold E. Hiller, Eric and Janice, Palo Alto, Calif., and Mr. and Mrs. Fred A. Wegner and Barbara, Madison, Wis. Those attending from Thorp were Mr. and Mrs. Ollie Bauer, Mr. and Mrs. Harold Oldroyd and Mr. and Mrs. Wilfred Vanderhyden.
Mr. and Mrs. Hiller are the former owners of Hiller's Red and White Store and the Cloverbelt Dairy of Thorp. Mr. Hiller served on the village board for nineteen years, 1933 to 1952, and as Mayor for two years, 1953 to 1954. While residents of Thorp, Mr. Hiller was a member of the Lions Club and Mrs. Hiller of the Whist Club, Sunshine Club, Lutheran Ladies Aid and a member of the American Legion Auxiliary of Thorp, Wis. They moved to Plymouth in 1956.
Mr. and Mrs. Hiller were married on Sept. 29, 1917 at St. Stephen's Lutheran Church, Batavia, Wis. They observed their anniversary early so all of their family, their relatives and friends could be present.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs