Bio: Thorson, Mr./Mrs. Alvin (Honored - 1953)
Surnames: Thorson, Niemi, Conrad, Marking, Christopherson
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 14 May 1953
Thorson, Mr./Mrs. Alvin (Honored - 10 MAY 1953)
On Sunday afternoon, May 10, 1953, Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Thorson, well known residents of this community, were honored by Emmanuel Lutheran Congregation for fifty years of continuous and active church membership in the congregation. Afternoon dinner a program opening with a hymn by the congregation, "Blest Be the Tie that Binds", was enjoyed by all. The children of the Emmanuel L.C.R, led by Mrs. Wm. Niemi, L.C.R. Advisor, gave a skit called, "What it Means to be a Church Member." A corsage of yellow carnations was presented to Mrs. Thorson and a boutonniere was presented to Mr. Thorson by the Emmanuel WMF Society's President, Mrs. Phyllis Conrad, on behalf of the Aid. As a remembrance and as a token of appreciation for their loyal support and friendship at Emmanuel, the congregation presents a purse of money to the couple. Mrs. Fritz Conrad, Chairman of the Church Council, spoke on behalf of the group. Mrs. John Marking of Owen, and herself a member of long standing at Emmanuel, a neighbor and friends of the Thorsons, told of many enjoyable experiences they had together. She mentioned many interesting facts, one that the Thorsons have been married fifty-nine years and they are two of the few charter members in the congregation today. The program closed by singing the hymn, Now Thank We all Our God."
Several of the Thorson family were able to attend. Among them were Mr. and Mrs. Roy Thorson and family of Marshfield, Mr. Harry Thorson, Mrs. Lawrence Christopherson and her son Dennis of Withee, Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Thorson of Owen, Mr. and Mrs. Al Thorson and daughter of Stevens Point, and Mrs. Edward Thorsona nd daughters of Owen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs