BioA: Hubert, Mr./Mrs. William (Gold - 1952)
Surnames: Hubert Freund, Bauch, Zubke, Zagrodnik
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) (05 Jun 1952)
Hubert, Mr./Mrs. William (Gold - 21 MAY 1952)
A large number of friends and members of the William Hubert family gathered in Power Bluff Park, Arpin on Sunday, May 25, 1952 in observance of the golden wedding of the Huberts.
A picnic dinner was served to about sixty guests in the park building where the table was centered with a three-tiered wedding cake decorated in gold and white.
A corsage of yellow tea roses added a note of color to the dress worn by Mrs. Hubert, while Mr. Hubert wore a yellow carnation in his button hole.
On May 21, 1902, the Rev. J. Freund performed the ceremony in the new Lutheran Church in Cameron, in which Miss ann Bauch was united in marrige with William Hubert. This was the first marriage in the church.
The Huberts have four children, all of whom attended the celebration at Arpin. They are Mrs. Leo (Esther) Zubke, Arpin, Mrs. Anton (Erna) Zagrodnik and Arnold Hubert, Milwaukee, and Arlan Hubert, De Forest. There are four grandchildren and one great-grandchild.
After their marriage the Huberts lived at Cameron for 7 years then they moved to a farm two miles west of Spencer, which was their home for 26 years. From here they moved to Owen where they ran the Freeman Hotel for three years, trading this for a farm northeast of Greenwood where they resided for ten years, moving to Greenwood in 1947.
Mr. and Mrs. Huber are members of Trinity Lutheran Church and Mrs. Hubert is a member of its Ladies Aid.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs