School: Greenwood St. Mary's
(Program - 1940)
Surnames: Wernimont, Plunkett, Vesel, Stabnow, Kitzhaber, Klinke, Black, Hemmersbach, Michels, Scharenbrock, Perman, Bushman, Lindner, Syth, Weber, McKenna, Denk, Abel, Speich, Young, Malinowski, Trampush, Schmitz, Suda, Mikottis, Braun, Kolnhofer, Wolf
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 11 Apr 1940
The pupils of St. Mary's School will entertain the public with a program at the Greenwood High School Gymnasium. Thursday, April 18, 1940 at 8 o'clock p.m. The program consists of a number of patriotic numbers and two comedies.
- Welcome Song by all the pupils.
- Rhythm Orchestra by first and second grades.
- Comedy - Gig Booster Club of Blackville: Hon. Bill Johnson - Sylvester Wernimont; Abraham Lincoln Washington - Joseph Plunkett; Wm. Bilkins Smith - Robert Vesel; Charles Augustus Hotfoot - Lawrence Stabnow, James Jackson Muchmouth - Bernard Kitzhaber, Garfield Fursfeathers - Patrick Plunkett.
- George Washington Playlet by the second, third and fourth grade.
- Pantomime "America the Beautiful" - Lucille Klinke, Rosemary Black, Lydia Hemmersbach, Audrey Michels, Elaine Scharenbrock, Margaret Perman, Virginia Bushman and Rita Lindner.
- Comedy - Waiting for the train: Farmer Simms - Duane Syth; His wife - Mildred Weber; Ole Olson, a Swede - Carl Lindner; Miss Walker - Mary McKenna; Jack - Harold Abel; Ticket Agent - Bernard Denk; Professor Ellington, very absent minded - Donald Bushman; Jake, the boy who stutters - Kenneth Speich; Mrs. West - Lorraine Klinke; Nettie - Joan Kitzhaber; Hoogan, a tramp - Raymond Vesel; Miss Young, an agent - Joseph Trampush.
- Pageant, "America" - Lorrain Kitzhaber; Liberty - Shirley Ann Syth; Peace - Dolores Malinowski; Religion - Mary Ann Schmitz; America's Page - Bernard Denk; Soldiers - Raymond Vesel, Stanley Suda, Joseph Mikottis; English sailors - Vincent Braun and Clayton Kolnhofer; Irish Maidens - Mary Wolf and Agatha Mikottis; Scotch Lasses - Mary McKenna and Lorraine Klinke; German Girls - Mildred Weber and Margaret Perman; Dutch Boys - Patrick and Joseph Plunkett; French Boys - Carl and James Lindner; Spanish girls - Rita Lindner and Elaine Scharenbrock; Italian Gypsies - Lydia Hemmersbach and Lucille Klinke; Swiss Lassies - Audrey Michels and Josephine Trampush; Eskimo Girls - Rosemary Black and Virginia Bushman; Western Cowboys - Kenneth Speich, Lawrence Stabnow and Duane Syth.
- The final chorus will be "God Bless America.
- The S.M.S. Junior Band, consisting of Audrey Michels, Lorraine Klinke, Margaret Perman, Joseph Plunkett, Patrick Plunkett and Kenneth Speich will render a number of very entertaining selections between acts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs