BioM: Denzin, Anna (1946)
Surnames: Denzin, Welbes, Schultz, Ellenbecker, Cyzon, Anderson, Yessa, Mutz, Sauter, Sedlack, Bantis
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 19 Sept. 1946
Denzin, Anna (Marriage - 14 Sept. 1946)
St. John the Baptist Catholic church at Wuerzburg, was the scene, Saturday morning of the marriage of Miss Anna Denzin, Town of Frankfort, and Lawrence Welbes, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Welbes, town of Halsey. The Rev. Raymond B. Schultz officiated at the 9:00 o’clock mass.
Mr. and Mrs. Welbes are now on a wedding trip in northern Wisconsin and will be at home next week on the groom’s farm near Edgar.
The bridal party included Miss Theresa Ellenbecker, town of Frankfort, maid of honor; Miss Margaret Welbes, Athens, and the Misses Mary and Genevieve Welbes, Wausau, bridesmaids; Robert Cyzon, best man, and Orville Anderson, Earl Ellenbecker and Ervin Yessa, ushers.
Miss Denzin wore a white gown fashioned with a taffeta bodice and net skirt with long train. Her lace-edged finger tip veil fell from an open coronet headdress. The bridal bouquet contained red roses and white pompons. Her attendants were dressed alike in white, pink and blue dresses made of net with puffed sleeves and long, full skirts. They carried small colonial bouquets.
Following the ceremony a reception was held throughout the day at the home of the bride’s sister, Mrs. George Ellenbecker, town of Frankfort, and dinner was served to 90 guests. Decorations included pink, white and blue streamers. During the evening a dance was held at the Trianon ballroom.
Out of town guests present were Miss Lucille Denzin, Chicago; Clarence Denzin, Racine; Mrs. Hildene Mutz, St. Joseph, Mich.; Mr. and Mrs. Edward Denzin and Mr. and Mrs. Harold Denzin, Medford; Mr. and Mrs. Donald Sauter and Miss Bernice Sedlack, Dorchester; and Miss Florence Bantis, Marathon.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs