Obit: Gruny, Mildred E. (1921 - 2007)
Surnames: Gruny, Heil, Karlen, Lang, Michlig, Baumann, Fricke, Schara, Kyea
Wausau Daily Herald (Marathon Co., Wis.) 1 June 2007
Mildred E. "Milly" Gruny, 85, of Marathon died Tuesday, May 29, 2007, at Aspirus Wausau Hospital.
She was born June 9, 1921, in the town of Cassel, daughter of the late Louis and Mary (Heil) Karlen. On June 2, 1941, she married Raymond J. Lang in Marathon. He preceded her in death July 20, 1965. On Aug. 8, 1969, she married Adolph Gruny Jr. in Marathon. He survives.
Milly was a member of the National Farmers Organization. Among her many interests, she enjoyed gardening, quilting, crocheting and, most of all, spending time with her family and many grandchildren. She was an excellent cook and homemaker.
Survivors include her husband, Adolph Gruny Jr., Marathon; five children, Rosalie (Anthony) Michlig, town of Emmet, Joann Baumann, Milwaukee, Larry Lang, town of Emmet, Norma Jean (Ed) Fricke, Springfield, S.D. and Diane Lang, Hope Valley, R.I.; four siblings, Adeline Schara and Alex (Lorraine) Karlen, all of town of Emmet, Joe (Dorothy) Karlen, Wausau, and Edwin (Jeanette) Karlen, Stevens Point; 10 grandchildren, 16 great-grandchildren and five great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews. Besides her parents and first husband, Raymond, she was preceded in death by one grandson, Terry Baumann; one granddaughter, Shawn Fricke; and one brother, Clarence Karlen.
The funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 2, 2007, at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, town of Cassel. The Rev. Barnabas Kyea will preside. Burial will be in St. Patrick Catholic Cemetery, Halder. Visitation will be from 4 p.m. until 8 p.m. today at the Peterson/Kraemer Funeral Home, Marathon, and again from 10 a.m. until the time of services Saturday at the church.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs