BioM: Hoffmann, Ellen (1944)
Contact: Stan Schwarze
Surnames: Hoffman, Stoughton, Bhend, Denzin, Nottbohm
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) Thursday, 22 June 1944
Hoffmann, Ellen (Marriage - 17 June 1944)
Attired in a gown of white slipper satin, Miss Ellen Hoffman, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul C. Hoffman, town of Johnson, became the bride of Donald Stoughton, son of Mr. and Mrs. George Stoughton, also of the town of Johnson, Saturday afternoon in the town of Wien.
Her gown was styled with fitted bodice, with long sleeves and low, oval neck line, and a full skirt that swept into a train. Lace appliqué trimmed the shoulders of the bodice and edged her fingertip veil, which was held in place with a head dress of orange blossoms. She carried a shower bouquet of pink and white roses.
Miss Margie Stoughton, Marshfield, a sister of the groom, who served as maid of honor, wore a pink sheer gown and picture hat to match, and the bridesmaids, Miss Grace Bhend, a cousin of the groom, and Mrs. Eldon Denzin, a sister of the bride, both of Athens were similarly attired in blue and wore blue hats. Their flowers were corsage bouquets of pink and white rosebuds and sweet peas. Lorna Hoffman, a niece of the bride, who was in the bridal party as flower girl, was attired in a dress of white satin trimmed with blue ribbons and she carried roses.
Alfred Hoffman, Athens, a brother of the bride, attended as best man and the ushers were Walter Stoughton, a brother of the groom, and Eldon Denzin, both of Athens.
The ceremony took place at 1:30 o’clock in the afternoon at Peace Lutheran church in the town of Wien, with the Rev. Ernest Nottbohm officiating, and was followed by a reception at the home of the bride’s parents. In the evening, a wedding dance was held at the Trianon Gardens.
The couple will reside with Mr. Hoffman’s parents on their farm near Athens.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs