Bio: Kieffer, Clement (1870 - 19??)
Surnames: Kieffer, Pickruhn, Dreyer, Tetzlaff
----Source: History of Marathon County Wisconsin and Representative Citizens, by Louis Marchetti, 1913.
Kieffer, Clement (1870 - 19??)
KIEFFER BROS., well known business men of Wausau, operating two meat markets here, one situated at No. 308 Jackson Street, and the other at No. 1516 Sixth Street. They have been in the meat business in this city since August 1, 1898. The firm consists of Clement, Albert and John, Sr.
Clement, was born in 1870, in Alsace Lorraine, which was at that time a French Province. In the following year he was brought to the United States by his parents Jean Baptiste and Agatha Kieffer. The father was a tailor by trade and first located at Cincinnati, and later at Lawrenceburg, Indiana. There the other sons were born, and the children were all young when removal was made to Schofield, Marathon county, Wisconsin, in October, 1883, after twelve years at Lawrenceburg, Indiana. The father died June 10, 1910. Clement, passed a busy youth and boyhood. After coming to Marathon County he worked in a mill and on a farm. In 1898 he with the other brothers, Albert and John Sr., went into the butchering business. They are all equal partners and are practical men in the business. They owned their own slaughter house which is situated south of the city, in the town of Weston. The brothers are all married, all have families and all belong to the Roman Catholic Church. Clement married Miss Alvina Pickruhn and they have four children: Ida, Lawrence, George and Elmer. Albert married Miss Catherine Dreyer and they have two children: Raymond and Esther. John, Sr. married Miss Annie Tetzlaff and they have three children: Gertrude, Evelyn and John, Jr. As a firm the brothers stand high, while personally each one enjoys confidence and respect as a useful and reputable citizen.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs