BioM: Haase, Mildred M. (1948)
Surnames: Haase, Van Den Heuvel, Tryboski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/24/1948
Haase, Mildred M. (Marriage - 5 JUN 1948)
St. Ann’s Church in Stanley was the scene of the wedding of Miss Mildred Haase, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Paul Haase, to Ervin Van Den Heuvel, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Van Den Heuvel of Gilman, at 9 o’clock Saturday morning, June 5, 1948. The Rev. Paul Pitzenberger read the double ring ceremony at a nuptial high mass sung by the Children’s choir. Attendants were Mr. and Mrs. Joe Haase and Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Van Den Heuvel, brothers and sister-in-law of the couple.
The bride, given in marriage by her brother, Paul Haase, Jr., wore a gown of white nylon embossed with orchid design. The full skirt, gathered to a fitted bodice, fell in a train. A halo of lilies of the valley and illusion held her fingertip length veil of illusion. She carried a white prayer book upon which was a white orchid surrounded by lilies of the valley and stephanotis.
Mrs. Haase and Mrs. Van Den Heuvel wore identical gowns of white chiffon with sweetheart necklines and full gathered skirts. They wore sweetheart bonnets of illusion and carried arm bouquets of carnations, mums and lilies of the valley.
Ruth Ann Haase and Beatrice Van Den Heuvel, nieces of the bride and groom, were flower girls. Their floor length gowns were of white ninon dotted Swiss and they wore matching sweetheart bonnets. They carried white ribboned baskets of carnations and lilies of the valley.
Ushers were Bernard Haase and Ed Tryboski.
Mothers of the bride and groom wore black dresses with corsages of white carnations.
Dinner was served at the home of the bride’s parents and a reception followed.
After a honeymoon spent in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, the couple will live in Stanley.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs