BioA: Larson, Mr./Mrs. Richard E. #2 (Gold - 1963)

Contact: Betty Comstock

Email:  betty@wiclarkcountyhistory.org 

Surnames: Larson, Huber, Thompson, Schultz, Bennett, Schomehorn

------ Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 10/24/1963

Larson, Mr./Mrs. Richard E. #2 (Gold - 16 OCT 1913)

A celebration was held Saturday afternoon, October 10 at the Loyal Methodist Church parlors in honor of the golden wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Richard E. Larson of Loyal.

A cafeteria luncheon was served to approximately 125 relatives and guests.  The church parlor was decorated with gold paper bells and gold and white mums, with table decorations of gold colored nasturtiums.

Mrs. Larson wore a corsage of yellow rose buds and Mr. Larson, a boutonniere of yellow carnation.

The luncheon was opened with an introduction and welcome, and a prayer by Rev. A.L. Crandall of the Loyal Free Methodist Church.

The couple was entertained by their immediate family.  A duet of some of the favorite musical numbers of Mr. and Mrs. Larson was given by their son, Richard Jr. and his wife; also a violin trio by the grandchildren, Mary, Jim and Linda Larson of Macomb, Illinois.  A purse of money was received and many congratulatory cards.

Mr. and Mrs. Larson were united in marriage October 16, 1913, at the home of the bride‚Äôs parents, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Huber of Moline.  The officiating clergy was Rev. E.W. Thompson of Rock Island, Illinois, of the Methodist Church.

Mrs. Larson (? Christine Schultz) was born April 26, 1892 at Chicago Illinois to Amelia and Gustave Schultz.  She was educated in the Chicago Heights Public School at Silvis, Illinois.  Her occupation was clerking and bookkeeping.  Mrs. Larson was a member of the Free Methodist Church and Swedish Mission.  After her marriage she was employed for six years by the Rock Island Lines.  Later they moved to Greenwood and Loyal area from 1919 to 1955 where Mr. Larson was a farmer.  He retired in 1955.

Mr. Larson was born October 8, 1891 at Herman, Nebraska, the son of Charles and Mary Larson.  He was educated at the Herman and Blair Public Schools in Nebraska.  He did general farm work in Nebraska until 1909 and then was employed by the Rock Island Lines at Silvis, Illinois from 1909 until 1910. He was a member of the Silvis Methodist Church and is now a member of the Free Methodist Church of Loyal.  He served on the Greenwood School Board for eight years.

They have five children, Mrs. Fred(Athalie) Bennett and Miss Clarabell Larson of Eau Claire; Richard Charles Larson of Macomb, Illinois; Dennis W. Larson of Loyal and Mrs. Carl R. Schomehorn (Julia Ann) of Long Beach, California.   They also have ten grandchildren.

Mr. and Mrs. Larson are both in good health and have the well wishes of all their friends in this community.

 

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE