Obit: Peterson, Esther Julia #2 (1911 – 1998)
Surnames: Peterson, Hanson, Hermanson, Long, Fox, Sampson, Hart, Matthews
----Source: Scrapbook Collection of Duane Horn
Peterson, Esther Julia (4 June 1911 – 7 July 1998)
Esther J. Peterson, 87, of Black River Falls, died Tuesday, July 7, 1998 in Black River Memorial Hospital.
She was born June 4, 1911 in the town of Albion, Jackson County, to John and Carrie (Hermanson) Hanson. She was raised in Jackson County and she was a 1929 graduate of Black River Falls Senior High School.
She was employed for a brief time in Rockford, Ill., and she married Norman G. Peterson on Oct. 5, 1929 in Winona, MN. He died November 6, 1988.
The couple lived their entire married lives in the town of Irving.
She was a past member of Homemakers, a member of Little Norway Lutheran Church, and an honorary member of Little Norway Ladies Aid.
Her happiest days were when her kids were at home and farm life was very busy. She loved gardening and working with flowers.
Survivors include a son, Vernon (Alice) Peterson Black River Falls; two daughters, Grace Long, Sacramento, CA. and Martha (Bill) Fox of Osseo: one sister, Hazel Sampson, Black River Falls; nine grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Norman; a son Peter; a daughter, Norman Hart; one grandson, Shane Fox; one great-grandson, Jake Hart; four sisters and two brothers.
Funeral services for Esther J. Peterson were Saturday, July 11 at 3 p.m. from Torgerson's Funeral Chapel in Black River Falls. The Rev. Cheryl Matthews officiated and burial was in Little Norway Lutheran Church Cemetery. Friends called at Torgerson's Funeral Chapel on Saturday from 1 p.m. until the time of services.
Pallbearers were Michael Long, Eugene Peterson, Gregory Peterson, Tim Peterson, Dale Hart and Ron Hart.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs