Obit: Kessler, Liesel Dorothea (1921 – 2009)
Surnames: Kessler, Alfson, Tinglum, Oberlin, Wolfe, Sampson, Thorson, Adams
----Source: Banner Journal (Black River Falls, Jackson Co., WI.) April 1, 2009
Kessler, Liesel Dorothea (1 September 1921 – 29 March 2009)
Liesel Dorothea Kessler, 87, of Pigeon Falls, formerly of Black River Falls, died Sunday, March 29, 2009 in the Pigeon Falls Health Care Center in Pigeon Falls.
Liesel was born Sept. 1, 1921, in Cologne, Germany, to Ottar and Margit (Alfson) Tinglum. She married Charles Oberlin in 1943 at Camp Douglas, and they later divorced. Liesel married Glen W. Kessler in 1967 in Warren, MI. Glen preceded Liesel in death Jan. 3, 2006.
Liesel received her Bachelor of Arts degree in teaching from the University of Ohio-Toledo and her Master’s Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. Liesel taught elementary school in Toledo, OH, Newaygo and Warren, MI, and Black River Falls prior to her retirement.
Liesel enjoyed bird watching and collecting amethyst and seashells.
Liesel is survived by two sons, Peter (Jessie) Oberlin of Osseo and C. Diehl Oberlin of Toledo, OH; a daughter, Margit Wolfe of Toledo, OH; three stepsons, Todd Kessler of Cornucopia, Gary (Shelley) Kessler of Bowling Green, OH, and Richard Kessler of Toledo, OH; four grandchildren, Darvy (Clint) Samson of Melrose, Molly (Christ) Thorson of Rudolph, William Wolfe of Toledo, OH and Amanda (Jamie) Adams of Asheville, NC; four step-grandchildren; and a brother, Jahn (Esther) Tinglum of Middleton.
In addition to her parents and husband, Liesel was preceded in death by two brothers, Ole and Sverre.
Private family services will be held at a later date. Memorials may be designated to the Black River Falls Public Library.
The Jack Funeral Home in Whitehall is assisting the family with arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs