Bio: Swieso, John – House
Burns (Apr 1917)
Surnames: Swieso, Poulton, Luchterhand, Gwin
----- Source: Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) 04/19/1917
The village (Loyal, Clark Co., Wis.) was startled Tuesday morning about 1:15 by the cry of fire, and the upper part of John Swieso's house was discovered to be in flames. In the evening the chimney had bured out twice, once early and later at 10 o'clock and they had stayed up till midnight, as the fire was out in the stove and the chimney was cold, they retired, only to be awakened an hour later by Mr. Luchterhand, telling them their house was burning.
The fire had gained such headway that it was impossible to put it out, and so the furniture was carried out of the lower rooms. It was impossible to get into the chamber, and so whatever furniture was there was burned, together with Perry Pouton's furniture and household goods, which was store there.
The loss is quite a serious one, both to Mr. Swiewo and Mr. Poulton. Mr. and Mrs. Swieso moved into the upright of Mrs. Gwin's house Tuesday afternoon. We understand that Mr. Swieso will build during the summer.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs