Church: Greenwood Immanuel – Corner Stone Laid (19 May 1910)
Surnames: Saewert, Lahr, Schmidt, Klasin, Decker
----Source: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 09 Jun 1910
The laying of the corner stone at the German Immanuel Church on the West Side, took place Sunday, May 29th, 1910, at ten o’clock a.m.
Rev. Otto Saewert performed the ceremony by reading the liturgy, and stroking the corner stone three times with a hammer, decorated in the church colors, red, black, and gold. On account of the disagreeable weather, the services were held in the old church, Rev. H.W. Lahr of Curtiss preaching a very interesting and instructive sermon. Rev. H. G. Schmidt of Stratford, Wisconsin officiated at the afternoon services, and was ably assisted by the choir, which rendered several selections.
The new church will be built by the Klasin Brothers of Marshfield, and the parsonage by H. W. Decker of this place.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs