News: Neillsville (Three Houses in City Sold - 14 Apr 1966)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Tomlinson, Gungor, Seif, Schorr, Schield, Ludwig, Pierce, Tratz
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI) 4/14/1966
Neillsville (Three Houses in City Sold - 14 April 1966)
The sale of three houses on the city’s south side was made known this week.
James Tomlinson has sold his house at the corner of Clay and First streets to Dr. Bahri O. Gungor; Dr. Gungor has sold his house at 210 Grand Avenue, the former Charles E. Seif house, to Mr. and Mrs. William E. Schorr; and Dr. Carroll N. Schield has sold his house at the corner of Grand and First to William L. Ludwig, who will come here from Des Moines in may to assume the position of work unit conservationist with the soil conservation service, a position held by Mr. Tomlinson.
The Tomlinsons plan to move to Eau Claire April 28, thus opening the way for the other moves. However, Mrs. Tomlinson and their son, Gary, plan to stay in Neillsville during the week to enable Gary to finish sixth grade with his class. The Tomlinsons have purchased a house at 1009 East Grant, Eau Claire. The address is located south of Highway 10 in the Putnam Heights district of Eau Claire.
The Schorrs will move from the apartment they have occupied for several years in the Ted Pierce residence at Clay and Fourth Street; and the purchase of the Schield house by the Ludwigs will force the moving of the John Tratz family, which has occupied the house since coming to Neillsville nearly a year ago.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs