BioM: Ciolkosz, Phyllis (1959)
Surnames: Ciolkosz, Skaleski, Soborowicz, Jensen, Bonczyk
----Source: Thorp Courier (Thorp, Clark Co., Wis.) 09/10/1959
Ciolkosz, Phyllis (22 AUG 1959)
St. Hedwig’s Chapel in Thorp, Wis. was the setting of a beautiful summer wedding on Saturday, Aug. 22, 1959, when Miss Phyllis Ciolkosz, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Ciolkosz of Withee, Wis., became the bride of Sylvester Skaleski. Parents of the groom are Mr. and Mrs. Victor Skaleski of Withee.
The bride, escorted to the altar by her father, wore a floor length gown of French lace over taffeta. Sequins trimmed the Sabrina neckline of the fitted lace bodice, which had long tapered sleeves. Wide flounce tiers of scalloped lace detailed the bouffant skirt.
She wore a fingertip veil held in place by a crown headpiece trimmed with pearls.
Red roses centered by a large white orchid composed the colonial bouquet carried by the bride.
Mrs. Frank Soborowicz of Berwyn, Ill., sister of the bride, was matron of honor, with Miss Judi Ciolkosz, also sister of the bride, serving as bridesmaid.
Royal blue rayon faille over net fashioned their ankle length gown, which were styled with scooped necklines and fitted bodice. They wore small matching hats with circular veils. They carried white pom poms with blue carnations in a horseshoe bouquets.
Frank Soborowicz served as best man, with Richard Jensen as groomsman.
Darlene Bonczyk, niece of the groom, acted as miniature bride wearing a dress of lace and ruffled net over taffeta.
Reception was held at the Wink Inn in Thorp, Wis., for the immediate family.
The groom is a graduate of Owen-Withee High School and is now serving int eh U.S. Navy. The bride is also a graduate of Owen-Withee and was employed in Chippewa Falls, Wis.
After a wedding trip to Niagara Falls and Cape Cod, they will reside at the Navy base in Rhode Island.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs