BioM: Christensen, Jeanne (1953)
Surnames: Christensen, Mike
-----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 08 Oct. 1953)
Christensen, Jeanne (26 SEPT 1953)
A wedding of interest to Loyal residents was solemnized in Milwaukee Sept. 28, 1953. St. Francis Monestary church provided the setting for the marriage of Miss Jeanne Marie Christenson, Milwaukee, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James T. Christenson, Loyal, and Michael John Mike, Milwaukee, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Milinkovic, Milwaukee. Father Casper O. F. M. officiated at the nuptial rites.
The bride wore a white gown of all chantilly lace, featured with a train, a front panel of satin and a stand-up collar. Her shoulder length veil was caught to a lace cap. She carried white Feji mums, centered with yellow roses.
Her maid of honor, Miss Carble Bertz, Loyal, wore a gown of bronze ombre shaded net and a Juliet cap of velvet and carried yellow Feji mums and wheat.
Miss Janet Christenson, Loyal, a sister of the bride, and Miss Gay Nelson, Loyal, wearing gowns of deep green, ombre shaded net with Juliet caps of deep green and carrying Feji mums and wheat, served as bridesmaids.
The groom chose James John Christenson, Loyal, brother of the bride, as his best man, and George Milinkovic, Milwaukee, the groom’s brother, and William Gold, Milwaukee as groomsmen and ushers.
Cathy Lucas, Milwaukee, a niece of the groom, was flower girl.
The bride’s mother wore a navy blue and white figured silk dress. The groom’s mother wore a navy blue crepe dress. Their corsages were white tea roses.
A luncheon and reception was given at Underwood Court, Wauwatosa.
The bride is a graduate of the Loyal high school.
The groom attended Colorado State and University of Wisconsin, with a B.B.A. degree and did graduate work at Harvard. He is assistant buyer at the Grand, Milwaukee.
Following a honeymoon in Northern Wisconsin and Michigan, Mr. and Mrs. Mike will be at home at 8908 W. Blue Mound Road, Milwaukee.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs