News: Neillsville, Wis. - Haenel’s Laundromat (Open House - 1959)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) October 8, 1959
Haenel’s Laundromat (Open House - 13 October 1959)
The coin-metered, self-service Laundromat will make its debut in Neillsville next Tuesday, when Haenel’s Laundromat holds open house in its building at the corner of West Seventh and Grand.
The Laundromat, owned and operated by Mrs. Julia Haenel of Fairchild, is located in the building formerly occupied by the Bowman Egg Company, opposite Van Gorden’s Feed Mill.
Containing 19 automatic, coin-metered washers and seven dryers, the Laundromat will be open 24 hours a day. The nature of the machines makes this possible, because they do not have to be attended.
The washers have a capacity of nine pounds of clothes, and the dryers 50 pounds. A half-hour is required from the time a load is started in the washers until it is dry.
The units are Westinghouse, and are equipped with water softener.
In announcing the opening, Mrs. Haenel pointed out that a customer may use as many washers and dryers as are available and needed simultaneously to finish a week’s washing in less than an hour. Charges will be made by the washer load and by time periods for drying.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs