BioM: Tucker, Gwen (1948)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Tucker, Bichler
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 24 June 1948)
Tucker, Gwen (07 JUNE 1948)
Miss Gwen Tucker, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. William Tucker, and Claude Bichler , son of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Bichler Sr., were married at St. Patrick’s church in Eau Claire at 9 o’clock Monday morning, June 7. The Rev. Fr. Francis Brady heard the vows at a nuptial mass. Pink snapdragons and larkspur decorated the altar.
The bride wore a white marquisette gown, with lace yoke, long train edged with lace. Her veil was held by a beaded tiara. She carried a pearl rosary and a double strand of pearl, gifts of the groom. Her shower bouquet ws of pink and white roses, white carnations and larkspur.
Attending the bride were Miss LaVonne Smith, as maid of honor, and Mrs. Clayton Englebretson, a cousin of the bride, the bridesmaid. Both wore gowns of slipper satin with net overskirts, elbow length gloves and flowers in their hair. Their pearl necklaces were gifts of the bride. They carried yellow daisies and carnations.
Robert Bertz was best man, and Clayton Englebretson was groomsman. James Miley served a2 usher.
After the ceremony, a reception was held at the home of the groom’s sister, Mrs. James Bertz, here. The couple then left for a trip to Milwaukee and Chicago.
Both the bride and groom were graduated fro, Loyal high school;, he in 1944 and she in 1945 and from eau Claire State Teacher college. They have both excepted teaching positions in Wausau for the coming year. For the present they are residing at 1009 South Farwell street, Eau Claire.
To the newlyweds, The Loyal Tribune extends its wishes for a long and happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs