Obit: Crowley, Lawrence F. (1905 - 1956)
Surnames: Crowley, Olson, Theril
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/28/1956
Crowley, Lawrence F. (28 AUG 1905 - 23 JUN 1956)
Funeral services for Lawrence F. Crowley of Chippewa Falls were held Tuesday, June 26th, at two o’clock in the afternoon at the Hogseth-Pederson Funeral Chapel with Rev. C. M. Schendel of the Evangelical United Brethren Church officiating. Masonic services were conducted by the Chippewa Falls Lodge No. 176, F and AM, at Forest Hill Cemetery.
Mr. Crowley passed away Saturday morning at 6:45 o’clock at St. Joseph’s Hospital after a short illness. He was born Aug. 28, 1905, in Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), the son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Crowley. He attended school in Owen and shortly after was employed by the Northern States Power Co. as a lineman. In 1935, he went to Milwaukee and was employed by the Postal Telegraph for two years. Mr. Crowley was married to Miss Sophie Olson of Greenwood on Oct. 16, 1936. They moved to Black River Falls and he was employed by the R.E.A. as a lineman for two years, moving to Chippewa Falls, where he had been employed by the Soo Line Railroad Co., as a fireman.
During the service Mrs. William Schmidt sang two selections, "Come Ye Disconsolate" and "My Faith Looks Up to Thee," with organ accompaniment by Mrs. Robert Lanirande.
The following acted as pallbearers: Thomas Redmond, David Alstran, Carl Krueger, Milton Chrystal, Louis Sill and Eugene Nicholson.
Mr. Crowley was a member of the Evangelical United Brethren Church, the Chippewa Falls Masonic Lodge No. 176 F and AM, and Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers Division No. 80, and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Surviving are his wife, two daughters, Arlyce and Barbara, and two sons, Emery and Thomas, all at home, and one sister, Mrs. Carl Theril of Portland, Oregon.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs