BioM: Churkey, Gladys (1955)
Surnames: Churkey, Wachsmuth, Westburg, Franz, Amorelli, Shilter, Stumpner, Nielsen, Wessel
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 12/08/1955
Churkey, Gladys (26 NOV 1955)
Miss Gladys Churkey, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Dave Churkey of Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), was married Saturday, Nov. 26, to Leo Wachsmuth, son of Emil Wachsmuth of Owen. Setting for the ceremony was the First Congregational Church at Owen.
The Rev. Ralph Claybaugh read the 11 o’clock double ring ceremony, and vocal music was provided by Mrs. Donald Marshall, whose selections were "Because" and "I Love You Truly."
Given in marriage by her father, the bride wore a gown of nylon net over taffeta. The bodice was of lace trimmed with sequins along the scalloped boat neckline. Her fingertip veil of net was arranged from a crown embroidered with seed perarls.
In her bouquet she carried white mums and lilies of the valley surrounding red carnations.
Mary Jane Stumpner was her honor attendant and Kathy Westburg was bridesmaid. They wore identical dresses of lilac ruffled net and headpieces to match their dresses. Fall colored mums formed their bouquets.
Phyllis Franz, flower girl, wore a dress made like the bride’s and carried a bouquet of mums, lilies of the valley and red carnations.
Rings for the ceremony were arranged on a white pillow carried by Harlan Nielsen.
Attending the bridegroom were Johnny Amorelli of Waukegan, Ill., best man, and Leonard Shilter of Gilman, groomsman.
After the wedding, a reception was held at St. Hedwig’s Hall in Thorp. Centering the refreshment table was a three tiered wedding cake baked by the bride’s aunt, Mrs. Theo. Wessel of Greenwood. About 150 guests were served during the reception.
Attending the wedding and reception were out of town guests from Waukegan, Janesville, Gilman and Greenwood.
The newlyweds are planning to make their home in Waukegan.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs