BioM: Morrison, Janet Marlyn (1953)
Contact: Dolores Mohr Kenyon
Surnames: Morrison, Winn, Stelljes, Hopkins, Rasmusen, Waterman, Freeburg, Decker
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville,
Clark Co., WI.) June 11, 1953
Morrison, Janet (Marriage - 6 June 1953)
Miss Janet Marlyn Morrison, daughter of Mr. and
Mrs. B. H. Morrison, Amery, became the bride of John W. Winn, son
of Mr. and Mrs. F. E. Winn, on Saturday, June 6, at 8 o’clock
at the Congregational Church in Amery. The Rev. John Decker
officiated at the double ring ceremony.
church was decorated with candelabra and bouquets of spring
Mrs. David Morrison, sister-in-law of the bride,
as matron of honor, and Miss Doris Winn, sister of the groom, as
bridesmaid, wore embroidered organdy gowns with picture book hats
and carried colonial bouquets of carnations.
bride, given in marriage by her father, wore white silk organdy
over white taffeta and carried a bouquet of white roses with orchid
groom was attended by Stewart Morrison, brother of the bride, and
B. H. Stelljes, Montgomery, N. Y., brother-in-law of the
reception was held in the church parlors. The bride is a graduate
of Amery High School, attended Northland College and for the past
year has been a receptionist for the F. H. Pearey Co. in
groom is a graduate of the Granton High School, attended River
Falls State Teachers College and is a field representative for
Ultra Lifu laboratories in Columbus, Miss.
Mrs. Robert Hopkins, Abbotsford, a family friend,
was soloist and William Rasmusen was organist.
young couple spent a few days in Northern Wisconsin and plan to
leave Saturday for Columbus, Miss., where they will make their
Guests at the wedding were: Mr. and Mrs. F. E. Winn, Mr. and Mrs. B. H. Stelljes, Montgomery, N. Y., Lieut. Doris Winn, Omaha, Nebr., Mrs. Clark Waterman, Granton, Mr. and Mrs. Bud Winn, Wisconsin Rapids, and Mr. and Mrs. Garf Freeburg, Colfax, besides others from Minn., Nebr., Green wood and Clear Lake.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs