BioM: Cieslik, Sylvia V. (1954)
Surnames: Cieslik, Mamayek, Pabich, Kaczmarek, Budzinski, Neiman, Gay, Przybylski, Reyzer, Balicki, Burzynski
----Source: THORP COURIER (Thorp, Clark County, Wis.) 06/10/1954
Cieslik, Sylvia V. (25 MAY 1954)
A very beautiful double ring marriage ceremony took place at the St. Hedwig’s Catholic Church at 9:00 a.m., Tuesday, May 25th, 1954, with Father Francis Piekarski officiating. Repeating the sacred marriage vows were Sylvia Victoria Cieslik, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Henry Cieslik, Thorp (Clark Co., Wis.), and David Daniel Mamayek, son of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Mamayek, Thorp.
The church choir, of which both the bride and groom are members, added to the beauty of the ceremony and Mass with such solos as "Ave Maria" and "Panis Angelicus," sung by Joe Pabich, and "Mother, At Your Feet Is Kneeling," sung by the beautiful voice of Lillian Kaczmarek.
Escorted down the white carpeted aisle by her father, the bride wore a gown of chapel length embroidered nylon tulle with a strapless bodice and a full skirt over satin. A full length embroidered Reding coat was worn over this with long sleeves and a Peter Pan collar. Her lace carnation crown held her fingertip veil in place edged with Chantilly lace. In her hands she carried a prayer book and orchid.
For her maid of honor the bride chose Miss Delores Mamayek of Milwaukee, sister of the groom. Miss Mamayek wore an aqua 6 tier nylon tulle floor length gown with a lace strapless bodice over taffeta with a Mandarin lace jacket. In her hair she wore a hair braid headband of aqua with a nose veil. She carried in her hand a white prayer book, a gift of the bride, and had a wrist bouquet of yellow roses.
The bridesmaids, Mrs. Henry Budzinski, Thorp, sister of the bride, Miss Patricia Mamayek, Thorp, sister of the groom, and Miss Betty Ann Neiman, Thorp, friend of the bride, wore identical gowns as the maid of honor and carried white prayer books and wrist bouquets of yellow roses. Each wore an aqua pair of identical earrings, a gift of the bride.
For his best man the groom chose Henry Budzinski, Thorp, brother-in-law of the bride. The groomsmen were Raymond Gay, Gilman, cousin of the bride, and Clarence Przybylski, Thorp. Friend of the groom. They all wore black tuxedos and wore white carnation boutonnieres. Usher was Walter Reyzer, Thorp, uncle of the bride.
The junior couple was Arthur Balicki, Thorp, friend of the groom and bride, and Miss Barbara Burzynski, Thorp, niece of the bride. Barbara wore an aqua nylon tulle gown with short puffy sleeves, a sheer yoke and full six tier ruffled skirt over taffeta. She wore a matching hair braid pixie hat and carried a small white prayer book. On her wrist she carried a small bouquet of yellow roses.
For daughter’s wedding, Mrs. Cieslik chose a two-piece dress of pink lace over taffeta and wore a corsage of pink carnations. Mrs. Mamayek wore a tow-piece dress of blue lace and wore a corsage of pink carnations.
The wedding breakfast was held at St. Hedwig’s Parish following the ceremony. The hall was gaily decorated with white wedding bells and aqua and white streamers in the ceiling, and the windows. The centerpiece of the bridal table was a beautifully decorated three-tiered wedding cake trimmed in white and blue. The reception at 6:00 was also held in the parish hall for 700 friends and relation.
The bride is a graduate of Thorp High School, class of 1953, and is employed by the Thorp Finance Corp. The groom, a graduate of Thorp High School, class of 1949, served with the Marine Corps for two years and is presently employed in farm work.
Out of town guests who attended the wedding were Mrs. Florence Romanowski, Miss Delores Mamayek, Mr. and Mrs. John Mamayek and Mr. and Mrs. Hensiak and family of Milwaukee, Miss Shirley Cieslek and Marvin Cieslek of Berwyn, Ill., Mr. and Mrs. Ed Gay, Mr. and Mrs. Stanley Budzinski and son, Mr. and Mrs. Louie Rembleski of Gilman.
The couple now reside in Thorp.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs