BioM: Hess, Jeanne (1957)
Surnames: Hess, Cleppe, Nikolay, Archambo,
Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.)
(Marriage - 14 Sept. 1957)
Nikolay, two year old daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Nikolay,
Abbotsford, preceded her cousin, Miss Jeanne Hess, down the aisle
in St. Girald’s church, Milwaukee, Saturday, Sept. 14, for
the exchange of marriage vows with Phillip Cleppe.
daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Hess, was escorted by her father.
She wore a dress of heirloom white silk shantung and a finger tip
veil secured by a band of sequins and pearls. She carried a bouquet
of pink and white roses.
dressed like the bride and carried a basket of pink and blue
bride’s maid of honor was her sister, Madge. She was attired
in a frock of rose color. The two bridesmaids, a sister of the
groom and a friend, wore blue with matching veils and carried small
bouquets of fall flowers.
Archambo, Abbotsford, cousin of the bride, was best man. A brother
of the groom and a friend were the ushers.
of the bride wore a black and white ensemble and the mother of the
groom wore blue. Their corsages were pink roses.
Nikolay, Abbotsford, and Mrs. Margaret Hess, Milwaukee, grand
mothers of the bride, were attired in navy blue and ice blue,
respectively, and had corsages of fall flowers.
the 10 o’clock ceremony and wedding mass, a breakfast was
served at the home of the bride. The reception and dance were held
at Ted’s hall.
Mr. and Mrs.
Cleppe will make their home in Milwaukee where he is employed as an
electrician. She is a 1957 graduate of the Marquette School of
Attending the wedding from Abbotsford were Mrs. Anna Nikolay, Mr. and Mrs. Frank L. Nikolay, Mr. and Mrs. James Nikolay and Susan, Mr. and Mrs. Royal Archambo and Frank, Mr. and Mrs. Melvin Nikolay, Mr. and Mrs. Jack Nikolay, and Mr. and Mrs. Jack Reichersamer.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs