BioM: Olsen, Agnes (1946)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Olsen, Bloom
----Source: The Loyal Tribune (Loyal, Clark County, Wis. 01 Aug 1946)
Olsen, Agnes: (19 JULY 1946)
Miss Agnes Olsen, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Olsen of Loyal, became the bride of Glen C. Bloom, son of Mrs. Henry Bloom of Loyal, in a wedding ceremony at the Trinity Lutheran church here at 3 p.m. on July 19. The double ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. John C. Langholz. Mrs. Verland Dux accompanied by Mrs. Marie Seeman sang "O Perfect Love" and "Jesus, Be Our Guide."
For her wedding, the bride chose a white satin wedding gown, styled with long sleeves, coming to points over the wrists, and a full net over-skirt, ending in a short train. The sweetheart neckline was accented with a gold cross, a gift from the groom. A seed-pearl headdress held her fingertip veil, and she carried a bouquet of pink and white carnations and gladiolas, tied with pink ribbons.
Attending the bride were her sister, Miss Virginia Olsen, as maid of honor and Mrs, Raymond Tollzman, as bridesmaid. They wore identical gowns of pink dotted net, styled with sweetheart necklines and trimmed with ruffles. Both wore matching blusher veils and ruffled headdresses and carried a nosegay of pink and white carnations.
The groom was attended by Clifford Bloom and Raymond Toltzman.
The mothers of both the bride and groom wore navy blue dresses and corsages of pink carnations.
Ushers at the wedding were Delmar Toltzman and Lee Shefchik.
At 5 o’clock a wedding supper was served at the home of the bride’s parents. Covers were laid for 30 guests. The residence was decorated with pink and white streamers and a white wedding bell. A three-tier wedding cake formed the centerpiece at the table. A reception was held in the evening for close friends and relatives.
Mr. and Mrs. Bloom are now at home on a farm north of Loyal, following a honeymoon in southern Wisconsin.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs