BioM: Oestreich, Helen O. (1948)
Surnames: Oestreich, Graffunder, Diemer, Westheim, Anderson, Sherman
----Source: Abbotsford Tribune (Abbotsford, Clark County, Wis.) 12/30/1948
Oestreich, Helen O. (Marriage - 22 Dec. 1948)
In a double ring ceremony, Dec. 22, at the Zion Lutheran church parsonage, Marshfield, Miss Helen O. Oestreich became the bride of Leonard W. Graffunder, son of Mr. and Mrs. Ben Graffunder, Abbotsford, Wis. The Rev. T. E. Diemer officiated at the 2:00 p.m. service. Parents of the bride are Mr. and Mrs. Sever Westheim.
Attending the bride as maid of honor and bridesmaid, respectively, were Miss Donna Rae Anderson, Auburndale, and Mrs. Henry Sherman, Marshfield, both cousins of the bride. Miss Anderson was attired in a blue street length dress and grey accessories; while Mrs. Sherman wore a black dress with black accessories. Pinned to their shoulders were corsages of red roses and white carnations.
Eugene Graffunder was his brother’s best man. The groom’s other attendant was Henry Sherman, Marshfield.
A black two piece dress, styled with a peplum and bustle back, was chosen by the bride for her wedding. Rhinestones and royal blue and silver bead work trimmed the dress. Her shoulder length veil fell from a beaded cap. An American Beauty rose corsage completed her outfit.
A 4:30 supper was served to the immediate family at the Dorst Café, Stratford. This was followed by a wedding dance at River View Ballroom, and a reception and buffet lunch at the home of the bride’s parents.
Mrs. Graffunder was graduated from Stratford high school. Mr. Graffunder attended Abbotsford public schools and is now employed at the Laabs Cheese company, at Milan.
When they return from a wedding trip to the northern part of the state, the young couple will make their home on Route 1, Abbotsford, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs