BioM: Holman, Marion (1948)
Surnames: La Moe, Holman, Boyd, Kauffman, Moskowitz
----Source: OWEN ENTERPRISE (Owen, Clark County, Wis.) 06/03/1948
Holman, Marion (25 MAY 1948)
At a candlelight service before an altar of palms, candelabra, and red and white carnations, at the First Baptist Church in Eau Claire, Miss Marion Holman became the bride of Kenneth La Moe, on Tuesday evening, May 25, 1948. The double ring ceremony was performed by Rev. William Britten. Mrs. Marjorie Barry played the nuptial music, and Rev. Earl Johnson sang "Because" and "The Lord’s Prayer."
The bride entered the church on the arm of her father, who gave her in marriage. She wore a gown of white satin with marquisette yoke and lace trim. Her fingertip veil of illusion fell from a bonnet of pleated net trimmed with orange blossoms. Her only jewelry was a three strand necklace of seed pearls. She carried a shower bouquet of red and white roses, white carnations, stephanotis and lilies of the valley.
Miss Mary Boyd, maid of honor, wore a gown of light blue satin and dress. Her bouquet was of red and white carnations and stephanotis.
The groom was attended by Glenn Holman, brother of the bride. Don Kauffman and Jack Moskowitz were ushers.
The bride’s mother attended the wedding in a dress of navy blue with white accessories and a corsage of white daisies and stephanotis. The groom’s mother wore a dress of aqua with white accessories and a corsage of pink roses.
A reception was held in the church parlors immediately following the ceremony.
The Eau Claire Insurance Girls gave a shower at the home of Miss Vera O’Brien with Misses Mary Boyd and Roscelia Hagen as hostesses, and a kitchen shower was given at the home of C. M. Olien, with Mrs. C. M. Olien, Mrs. H. M. Olien and Mrs. John Kaiser as hostesses.
The groom is well known in this community as he was a member of the high school faculty this past semester, having come to Owen (Clark co., Wis.) last January to teach social sciences.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs