BioM: Gehrke, Ramona (1950)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Gehrke, Kayser, Oestrich, Sillman, Scharf, Klecher, Freeburg, Leoffler, Weihert, Veith, Dahlke, Hauseleane, Hernckie, Adams, Nulton
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) June 8, 1950
Gehrke, Ramona (Marriage –27 May 1950)
Miss Ramona Gehrke, daughter of Richard Gehrke of Waterloo, became the bride of Alan C. Kayser, son of Mr. and Mrs. Van Kayser of Granton at a single ring ceremony performed Saturday, May 27, 1950, at 2 o’clock at the Methodist parsonage. Rev. Virgil Nulton officiated.
The bride wore a burnt orange suit with navy and white accessories. She wore a corsage of gardenias and orange blossoms.
Her sister, Mrs. John Oestrich, served as matron of honor. She was attired in a beige suit with brown accessories. Miss Ida Sillman, a friend from Waterloo, Wis., wore a navy suit. Both attendants wore red rose corsages.
The groom’s attendants were Clarence Scharf of Granton and Zane Gehrke, a twin brother of the bride.
A reception was held in the Granton Community Hall for approximately 50 guests. The hall was decorated in pink, blue and white streamers. Following the reception a wedding dance was held at the village hall.
The bride is a graduate of Waterloo High School and the groom of Granton High School.
After a week’s honeymoon in southern Wisconsin and Illinois the young couple will reside on the farm of the groom’s parents.
Guests from out of town attending the wedding included Jeanette Klecher of Waterloo; Mr. and Mrs. Garfield Freeburg, Colfax; Mrs. Vernon Leoffler and son, Reinart Weihert, Joseph Veith, Paul Dahlke, Richard Gehrke, Mrs. Anna Hauseleane, Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Gehrke and daughters, all of Waterloo; Mr. and Mrs. George Hernckie, Brookfield, Ill.; Mr. and Mrs. Godlieb Adams and son of Columbus, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs