BioM: Clifford, Beverly (1949)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Clifford, Struensee, Johnson, Kelly, Kasparzak, Gausmann, Meyer, Mazola, Erickson, Grottke, Counsell, Horton
----Source: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark Co., WI.) January 12, 1950
Clifford, Beverly (Marriage - 28 December 1949)
The Methodist Episcopal Church of Merrillan was the scene of a pretty wedding December 28, 1949, when Beverly Clifford, daughter of Mrs. Charlotte Clifford of Merrillan and Donald Clifford of Black River Falls, became the bride of Calvin Struensee, son of Mr. and Mrs. Edward Struensee of Neillsville.
Roy Johnson of Hixton lit the candles before the ceremony and Harriette Kelly played the piano. Agnes Kasparzak, a close friend of the bride, sang "Because" preceding the ceremony, and "I Love You Truly," following the ceremony.
Rev. Arthur Gausmann performed the single-ring ceremony.
Mis Charlotte Clifford, sister of the bride was maid of honor. Harold Meyer of Neillsville, a close friend of the couple served as best man.
The bride was given in marriage by John Mazola, a close friend of the groom.
The groom is attending A. E. School at Memphis, Tenn. The couple was married on the groom’s parent’s twenty-second wedding anniversary.
A reception and 5 o’clock dinner was held in the church parlors, Mrs. Erickson, Mrs. Gausmann and Mrs. Kasparzak served. The center attraction was a three-tiered wedding cake. Many lovely gifts were received.
The groom has returned to Memphis, Tenn., to resume his school work, and Mrs. Struensee will remain with her mother for the present.
Out-of-town guests included: Mr. and Mrs. Edward Struensee and family, Mr. and Mrs. John Mazola, Mr. and Mrs. Ben Grottke, Mr. and Mrs. Joe Struensee, Sr., and two granddaughters and a grandson, and Mr. and Mrs. John Counsell and family, all of Neillsville. - Mrs. Ralph Horton, Merrillan correspondent
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs