BioM: Heagle, Ruth (1947)
Surnames: Heagle, Van Gorden, Young, Swenson, Fults
----Source: CLARK COUNTY PRESS (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 08/14/1947
Heagle, Ruth (9 AUG 1947)
At a candlelight service at the Methodist Church in Stanley, on Aug. 9, 1947, Miss Ruth Heagle, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. A. Roy Heagle of Stanley, became the bride of Heron Van Gorden, son of Mr. and Mrs. A. H. Van Gorden of Neillsville (Clark Co., Wis.). The Rev. S. J. Jordan of Eau Claire officiated at the single ring ceremony.
The bride was given away by her father. She wore a white satin gown with lace neckline and long sleeves. The gown extended into a train in back. Her three-quarter length veil was edged in lace. She carried a cascade bouquet of white gladioli and white and red roses. The maid of honor, Miss Cyrena Van Gorden, sister of the groom wore gold, and the bridesmaid, Mrs. John Young of Milwaukee, wore aqua.
The groom’s attendants were Gordon Heagle of Stanley, a brother of the bride, and Richard Van Gorden, brother of the groom. Ushers were Calvin Swenton of Neillsville and James Fults of Stanley.
Miss Susan Heagle, niece of the bride was the flower girl.
Music was furnished by Miss Rowene Gabriel, who played the organ, and Kenneth Frenstad, cousin of the groom, who sang, "O Perfect Love" and "Through the Years."
A reception was held at the church parlors following the ceremony. A three-tiered heart shaped wedding cake formed the table centerpiece and baskets of cut flowers decorated the room.
Following a week’s wedding trip to northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, the couple will reside in Neillsville.
The bride is a graduate of Lawrence College and was an instructor of music in the local high school.
The groom is a graduate of the Neillsville High School and spent two years in the armed forces.
1914 Postcard sent from Ruth to Alma Heagle, Gilman, WI
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs