BioM: Clouse, Ethel #2 (1941)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: Clouse, Hardrath, Fischer, Schulhauser, Witt, Wittlinger
The Loyal Tribune 26 June 1941
Clouse, Ethyl #2 (20 JUN 1941)
At 2:30 o’clock. Friday June 20, in the Evangelical Lutheran Church at Loyal, Miss Ethyl Clouse, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Clouse of Loyal became the bride of Alden Hardrath, son of Mr. and Mrs. Louis Hardrath of Owen. The Rev. J. C. Langholz performed the nuptial rites.
The bodice and leg-o-mutton sleeves of the bride’s white satin velvet-brocaded gown were embroidered in seed pearls and rhinestones, and the skirt ended in a long train. A seed pearl and rhinestone tiara held her veil, and she carried a sheaf of calla lilies.
Miss Maybelle Clouse, maid of honor, appeared in the bridal party in a blue chiffon dress with bishop sleeves and a shoulder corsage of roses and gladioli. Misses Beverly Fischer, Yvonne Schulhauser, and Elaine Witt, bridesmaids, wore pink, yellow, and aqua chiffon, respectively, and shoulder corsages similar to that worn by the maid of honor.
Melvin Ayer, best man, Halbert Hardrath, Vern Wittlinger, and Glen Clouse attended the groom. James Clouse, wearing a white suit and carrying a satin pillow edged in ruffles of lace, acted as ring bearer, while little Joan Witt served as flower girl in a blue taffeta dress. She carried a basket crocheted in the colors of the gowns of the bridal attendants and filled with mixed cut flowers. Mr. Clouse gave his daughter in marriage.
About 50 guests gathered at the home of the bride’s parents at a 7 o’clock supper. Decorations consisted of white blue and pink streamers and assorted garden flowers.
The bride and groom will spend several days in Waukesha before returning to the groom’s farm at Owen, where they will reside temporarily.
The Tribune joins the friends of the newlyweds in extending congratulations.
*Note on a previous obituray, Miss Clouse's first name is spelled Ethel, not Ethyl.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs