BioM: Flick, Janet Ann (1953)
Surnames: Flick, Wendling, Anhalt
----Source: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 05/14/1953
Flick, Janet Ann (Marriage - 9 May 1953)
Miss Janet Ann Flick, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Flick of Colby, Wisconsin and Jerome Wendling of Kiel were united in marriage Saturday, May 9, at 10 A.M. in the rectory of St. Peter and Paul church in Kiel.
The bride’s gown was of white satin fashioned with a basque top of lace and net insertions. The long sleeves came to points at the wrists. Her fingertip veil was attached to a lace coronet and she carried a bouquet of white and blush pink gladioli tied with a white satin ribbon. She also wore a pearl necklace and earrings, a gift of the groom.
Miss Carmen Flick of Colby attended her sister as maid of honor. She wore a chartreuse strapless ballerina-length gown with matching jacket. She carried a bouquet of white gladioli. Miss Barbara Wendling of Plymouth, sister of the groom, as bridesmaid was attired in an orchid dress identical to that of the maid of honor. She carried a yellow bouquet of gladioli. Both wore a pair of pearl and rhinestone earrings, a gift of the bride.
Attending the groom were Glenroy Wendling of Collins as best man and Alfred Anhalt of Kiel, a brother-in-law of the groom, as groomsman.
The bride’s mother wore a gray and blue dress and the groom’s mother wore a navy blue dress trimmed with white. Both wore a corsage of pink carnations.
A reception was held from 4:00 to 7:00 P.M. at the Kiel Lodge Hall for relatives and friends.
The bride is a graduate of Colby High School and the groom of Kiel High School. The bride is employed at the Hart-Carter Company of New Holstein and the groom at the A. A. Laun Furniture Company of Kiel.
After a short honeymoon, the couple will reside at 10 East Fremont Street, Kiel.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs